RIP Junior Seau
Cursed?: Some say the San Diego Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team is cursed because 8 players from the roster have died. The 1994 Chargers went 11-5 during the regular season. In the playoffs, they beat Miami at home and Pittsburgh on the road to reach the Super Bowl.
• Linebacker David Griggs wrecked his car in Davie, Fla., in 1995. Tests showed he was legally drunk. He was 28.
• Running back Rodney Culver was killed in the ValuJet airplane crash in Florida in 1996. He was 26.
• Linebacker Doug Miller was struck by lightning in 1998 in Colorado. He was 28.
• Center Curtis Whitley died of a drug overdose in 2008. He was 39.
• Defensive end Chris Mims died from an enlarged heart in 2008. He was 38.
• Defensive lineman Shawn Lee suffered a heart attack in February 2011. He was 44.
• Linebacker Lew Bush also suffered a heart attack, in December 2011. He was 42.
• Seau died of a gunshot wound to the chest, which police are investigating as a suicide. He was 43.